The services that I am offering are as a wedding and funeral officiant, as well as a pulpit supply preacher/interim pastor in Southern Michigan. I am eager to preach the Gospel. Please keep me in consideration for giving your Pastor a break or some much needed time off.
Preaching the Word of God is very important to me. Sermon preparation normally takes at least 16 hours. I also do not recycle previous sermons (unless it is a last minute emergency or need). The Word of God is a living Word and should remain fresh. Therefore, I would like to ask for at least two weeks’ notice for preaching to properly prepare. If you are in a current series, then please share that with me so that I may compliment and customize my sermon for your Church needs. If your Church records sermons, then please send me a link to listen to so that I may know more about your style. I can preach both traditional or contemporary styles. Please let me know if there is a topic that you would like an outsider to preach as well.
I meet people and organizations where they are and lead/guide them through their next steps. God has blessed me with the gift and passion to teach and disciple people. My brief experience includes being ordained with a M.Div. from Columbia International University (CIU). Additionally, I served as an interim Chaplain in the United States Army National Guard for 8 years.
The going rates for ordained ministers are:
- $200 – $400 for Weddings. My Ecclesiastical endorsing Church does not permit me to officiate same-sex marriages.
- $200 – $250 for Funerals (may be discounted according to financial needs).
Honorarium: The amount of an honorarium will vary according to the means of the church and the value it places on the preaching of the Word.
Recommended honorarium amounts:
- Very small churches (under 50 members) $ 75 to $100
- Small churches (under 150 members) $100 to $125
- Medium churches (150-500 members) $100 to $150
- Large churches (over 500 members) $150 to $250
- For two morning services (same sermon), add at least 25%
- For a second service (different sermon), add at least 75%
Reimbursement for travel:
In addition to honorariums, round-trip travel amounting to more than 30 miles, meals, and lodging away from home should be reimbursed appropriately. Furthermore, the recommended rate of reimbursement is the standard IRS mileage reimbursement, which currently (through December 31, 2015) is 57.5¢ per mile.